Celebrating the legacy, revitalizing the careers, and preserving the history of American music & musicians.
We have had 13 insane, amazing, rockin’ Ponderosa Stomp Festivals over the last 20 years! We are grateful for the musicians, fans, sponsors, donors, volunteers, and everyone else in the Stomp family who have helped us put together these remarkable, once-in-a-lifetime performances and events. The Stomp Festival has always been a labor of love, not a profitable endeavor, and would not have been possible with the work and support of so many people. While normally the next Festival would be taking place this year, in 2019, we have decided we are not going to have a Festival this year and will instead focus our limited resources on presenting smaller shows and other projects, such as The Stomp’s A Closer Walk website. While it is possible that the Stomp Festival may return down the road, for now we are just grateful for all the wonderful memories of the 13 we were lucky enough to pull off. From the whole Stomp Family, thank you for the support and love.
Getcha the Lowdown
The Ponderosa Stomp Foundation has teamed up with its partners to launch A Closer Walk, an interactive map of New Orleans music history. Check it out on your desktop, or use the GPS on your phone to explore sites in the city. It features photos from every Stomp Concert and video from every Stomp Music History Conference!
- Mac's Wild Years
- Carla Thomas
- Reggie Young- Legendary Memphis Session Guitarist
- Gary U.S. Bonds: Down The Mississippi, Down In New Orleans
- T.K. Hulin: The Bayou State Tearjerker
- Frankie Miller: True Blue Papa
- Willie Knows How
- Darrell McCall: The Nashville Rebel
- Keep A Knockin': Charles Connor
- Last of the Texas T-Bone Guitar Slingers: Roy Gaines
- Blue-eyed-soul royalty in the flesh: Electrifying ex-Boogie Kings singer GG Shinn returning for the 13th Ponderosa Stomp
- That Driving Beat: Don Bryant and the Bo-Keys
- "Tighten Up" for Archie Bell
- Doug Kershaw: Louisiana Man