Ponderosa Stomp 8th Annual
The Cabildo, New Orleans April 27th, 28th, and 29th, 2009
Celluloid Heroes – Rock ’n’ Roll on Film – part of the 2nd annual Ponderosa Stomp Music Conference
April 27th, 28th, and 29th 2009 at the Louisiana State Museum’s historic Cabildo in Jackson Square.
This year, as part of the Stomp Music Conference, we will launch the first-annual film screening series entitled Celluloid Heroes – Rock ’n’ Roll on Film – dedicated to uncovering the hidden histories of rock in sight and sound. Celluloid Heroes will feature screenings and artist and critic-led discussions of four of our fave recent documentaries that relate to past and present Stomp performers.
CELLULOID HEROES FILM LINE-UP
- America's Lost Band (the Remains)
- a film by Michael Stich and Fred Cantor
- Dirt Road to Psychedelia: Austin Texas during the 1960's
- a film by Scott Conn
- Shakespeare Was A Big George Jones Fan: Cowboy Jack Clement's Home Movies
- a film by Robert Gordon and Morgan Neville
- The Sweet Lady with the Nasty Voice (Wanda Jackson)
- a film by Vincent Kralyevich and Joanne Fish
The 2nd annual Ponderosa Stomp Music Conference will take place from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., April 27th, 28th, and 29th 2009 at the Louisiana State Museum’s historic Cabildo in Jackson Square.
Those attending the Stomp Music Conference are asked to make a suggested donation of $20 when they arrive. Donation also gets attendees entry to the Louisiana Music Exhibit (at the Cabildo; on display from April 27th until early August 2009) which the Ponderosa Stomp worked to curate with The Louisiana State Museum and The Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.